We are pleased to announce that the Haskap Growers' Association of Nova Scotia is now welcoming new members.
The Association intends to facilitate the growing of the Haskap Plant in Nova Scotia by:
- Encouraging growers to share information and technologies to develop a trusted network of experts.
- Encouraging and facilitating garden clubs and keen gardeners to grow Haskap Berries.
- Carrying out technical research into the properties of the Haskap Berry through partnerships with the Nova Scotia Agricultural College.
- Creating a network of like-minded growers and propagators to develop a community of growers throughout North America.
- Promoting the Haskap Berry as a viable crop in Nova Scotia.
- Building a map of all Haskap Growers in Nova Scotia.
- Facilitating partnerships with new technology providers.
- Building an on-line forum for Haskap questions and discussions.
To achieve this the Association is offering the following to its members.
- Quarterly Newsletter.
- Annual farm visits.
- Workshops on:
- Haskap Plants.
- Soil technologies.
- Growing methods.
Annual Networking event.
- Other Ad hoc events.
The membership fee is 20$Can per annum + HST.
For those interested in joining, you can contact us by phone: +1 902 527 2139 or just fill out the form here and email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org.